Climate change, we all experience, has become a stimulus to look for new ways to counteract anthropopression. After green roofs introduction, it is time to turn all walls green. Vertical gardens require little space but have a number of benefits. Greenery perfectly alleviates extreme temperatures and makes people feel better in such surroundings. This is another step towards a sustainable city that is prepared for a climate change.
Why is it worth installing green walls?
- Each green wall effectively absorbs CO2, has the ability to absorb NOx, O3 and CO2, and also absorbs airborne dust. A 10 m2 installation absorbs 23 kg of CO2 from the air per year and produces 17 kg of oxygen.
- In the process of photosynthesis, greenery absorbs up to 50% of sunlight energy, which significantly lowers the temperature around the wall. Thanks to this, you can reduce the intensity of air conditioning and reduce energy consumption.
- Vertical greenery, due to its varied texture, absorbs and disperses over 40% more sounds than an ordinary facade. The noise reduction inside and outside can be as high as 8 dB.
- A green wall absorbs and retains rainwater. Reducing or delaying water runoff into the sewage system it reduces water loss and lowers the risk of flooding.
- Vegetation, especially indoors, increases air humidity. Thanks to this, it reduces a negative impact of air conditioning and heating on the health of office workers, reducing the number of absences caused by diseases.
- Green walls create a possibility of contact with nature during office work.
- The introduction of lively greenery to walls and facades has a positive effect on the fire resistance of the building. A high water content in plants reduces the rate of fire spread.
- Plants are a natural barrier to UV radiation. Thanks to this, the vertical garden protects the facade of a building against ultraviolet radiation.
What characterizes green walls from Garte?
- We select appropriate system according to local conditions at installation site. Insulation, heating system, location of windows and doors of the building and access to water and sewage systems are of key importance here.
- We care about high quality of the materials used and good workmanship.
- We provide solutions that minimize would maintenance costs. We only choose a proven set of plants.
- Our team ensures a high work culture and order at the construction site.
- We support solutions for optimal use of water. We install fertigation systems that minimize the need for maintenance.
- We provide green wall care subscription services.
How we work?
- Each design starts wit a detailed consultations with Investor, team of architects and constructors. We analyze technical issues and select optimal solutions.
- We analyze local conditions and prepare each investment by optimizing logistics and assembly. We have experience in organising difficult construction sites.
- On the basis of the design, we prepare a cost estimate and a work schedule.
- We agree on a budget, always looking for optimal solutions.
- After accepting a schedule and a budget, we proceed to the implementation.
- We carry out projects in the full scope, i.e. we make the wall structure, water and sewage connections, lighting installation and automation.
- After completion of the works, we provide the Investor with a maintenance report, which is the green roof service manual.
We offer constant care of the green wall, as part of which we care for plants, carry out cleaning and service works.