Progressive urbanization and increasing intensity of urban development leads to a reduction of green areas. One way to deal with this problem is to green roofs. A roof garden has a number of advantages: it retains rainwater, increases biodiversity, extends the life of the roof insulation and also increases the thermal and acoustic insulation of our apartment. Green roofs have been used all over the world for years, and therefore it is worth appreciating their advantages.
Why is it worth greening roofs?
- Greenery extends durability of waterproofing on the roof. Regardless of the material used (epdm, pvc, bitumen), it is protected under a layers of a green roof, thus it is not subject to degradation caused by UV rays and extreme temperatures
- A professionally made green roof resists fire spread and can reduce fire losses.
- The advantage of greenery on the roof is ability to muffle sounds, minimize noise in a building caused by rainfall. Importantly, the green roof also reduces sound reflection. Thanks to the use of a green roof, noise in rooms can be reduced by up to 8 dB.
- It is assumed that a typical extensive roof has an insulation capacity comparable to 10 cm of polystyrene. These values make it possible to significantly reduce the costs of heating and cooling each building
- Green roof increases attractiveness and image of each building. A roof garden is often the only green space in the vicinity arranged in an attractive way for the residents. Every he use of that solution increases the value of the property significantly.
- Green roofs increase solar panels effectiveness by lowering the air temperature.
- Many species of sedum, herbs and grasses used on the roofs provide shelter for birds, butterflies and other insects. This is especially important in filled with concrete city centres.
- A vegetation layer of each green roof retains water. Rainwater flows down with a long delay, which significantly relieves city sewage system and prevents flooding.
What distinguishes green roofs from Garte?
- We design uncompromisingly, with the goal of creating optimal conditions for plant growth.
- We analyze all aspects affecting a green roof: insulation, load capacity, wind forces, method and effectiveness of drainage. We use solutions that guarantee fire safety.
- We provide solutions that minimize maintenance costs.
- Our team ensures a high work culture and order at the construction site.
- We support solutions for the optimal use of rainwater. We are able to build a roof with a zero water flush factor.
- We provide a subscription roof maintenance service along with snow removal services.
How we work?
- Each design process starts wit a a detailed consultations with Investor or a team of architects and constructors. We analyze technical issues and select optimal solutions.
- On the basis of the design, we prepare a cost estimate and a work schedule.
- We discuss a budget for the implementation, looking for optimal solutions.
- After accepting both schedule and budget, we proceed to the implementation work.
- We construct green roofs to the full extent above insulating layers: we install drainage and retention systems, subtrates and greenery. We build technical paths, ballast roofs and terraces.
- We offer constant care for a green roof, as part of which we take care of plants, carry out cleaning and service works, and review drainage