There used to be more trees than cars in a city once. Modern towns are however subordinated to automotive industry. Street greenery minimizes the impact of the streets on city's inhabitants. We have been implementing street greenery projects along narrow streets in city centers and wide national roads for years.
WHY IS IT WORTH TO BUILD GREEN STREETS WITH GARTE?
- Planting along streets, especially with high and dense plants, improves microclimate and reduces energy absorption by reducing surface temperature.
- Trees absorb CO2 and produce oxygen, as well as neutralize a large part of the suspended dust that settles on the leaves.
- Plantings alongside roads reduce wind speed, reducing wind blown onto roads which improves safety.
- Plantings along roads reduces erosion processes and regulated the outflow of rainwater.
- In one growing season, 1 m2 of leaf area produces 0.33 to 1.10 kg of oxygen, which corresponds to the daily oxygen requirement of 1-2 people (0.49 kg).
- During photosynthesis, poisonous gases and components such as ozone, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, ammonia and some sulfur dioxide are absorbed together with carbon dioxide.
- Heavy metal pollution - cadmium, lead and zinc - from car exhaust fumes occurs even at a distance of 150 m from the road. The green belt, 10-15 m wide, effectively retains a significant part of these pollutants.
What distinguishes green roads build by Garte?
- We design with attention to functionality, not forgetting about aesthetics.
- We analyze all aspects, from car safety to pedestrian safety. We always check that greenery will not limit visibility in traffic and at intersections.
- We care about high quality of the substrates used and the good quality of workmanship.
- We select species very carefully, preferring native plants that are highly resistant to difficult road conditions.
- We prefer plants with low water needs, which facilitates the care of greenery and reduces costs for the investor.
- We support solutions for the optimal use of rainwater.
- We prefer solutions based on local materials and substrates. Limiting transport to the minimum necessary lowers the carbon footprint of our work.
- Being sure of the quality of our work, we are happy to carry out maintenance and care of greenery.
HOW WE WORK?
- We start designing with an interview on the Investor's needs and expectations. We analyze safety issues and local habitat conditions.
- If a project has already been developed, we spend time to prepare a detailed feasibility study.
- We analyze soil conditions in the area of a planned investment. We check conditions of greenery and analyze technology of implementation. We always look for technical solutions that minimize tree felling.
- On the basis of a design, we prepare a cost estimate and a work schedule, coordinated with other contractors on the construction site.
- We optimize budget, looking for optimal solutions.
- We provide removing tree, earthworks, plantings, and irrigation installations.
- After completion of the works, we provide the Investor with a maintenance manual.
- We offer greenery maintanance, as part of which we care for plants, we carry out cleaning works, we secure the greenery for the winter period by installing snow screens.