As cities are filled with concrete, each square meter of greenery gains in value. That is why once not aesthaetic trackways have started to turn green. We can turn any track into a spectacular lawn or an almost maintenance-free plant bed. In addition to improving aesthetics of a track, city is gaining hectares of biodiverse greenery.
Why is it worth building green tracks with Garte?
- Introducing greenery to cities improves microclimate and minimizes energy absorption, reducing surface temperature.
- A green track will be a few degrees cooler than the classic aggregate or concrete slab filling.
- Use of green tracks that absorb rainwater, minimizes flooding caused by torrential rains.
- Replacing embankments on the tracks with greenery, improves biodiversity.
- Filling a track with plants contributes to noise and vibrations reduction. In case of a track filled with a mixture of grasses - noise level is reduced by approx. 4 dB.
- Using tracks with extensive greenery, with low water needs, we meet recommendations of the "Program for counteracting water scarcity (PPNW) for the years 2021-2027 with a perspective until 2030".
- During photosynthesis, both carbon dioxide and poisonous gases and components such as ozone, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, ammonia and some amounts of sulfur dioxide are absorbed.
- A green track is aesthetic. Flowers appear in summer, red leaf discoloration in winter. In some city centers, a green track is often the only green area.
What distinguishes our green tracks?
- We design with attention to functionality. We choose solutions, that minimize the need for labor-intensive care.
- We approach each project individually, using our extensive experience, we choose the best technology.
- We care about high quality of substrates used and the good quality of workmanship.
- We select species very carefully, preferring native plants that are highly resistant to difficult growing conditions.
- We prefer species with low water needs, which facilitates maintenance of greenery and reduces costs.
- Our team ensures a high work culture and order at construction site.
- We support solutions minimizing the use of rainwater. We pay attention to water retention.
- We prefer solutions based on local materials and substrates. Limiting transport lowers the carbon footprint of our work.
- Being sure of the quality of our work, we are provide maintenance and care services.
How we work?
- We analyze the project in terms of feasibility and solutions applied. We analyze the implementation technologies and logistics of the project.
- On the basis of the design, we prepare a cost estimate and a work schedule, coordinated with other contractors on the construction site.
- We optimize the budget, looking for optimal solutions.
- After accepting both a schedule and a budget, we proceed to the implementation.
- We provide a wide range of works, from backfill layers, to drainage, preparation of substrates and installations of greenery and irrigation.
- After work completion, we provide a maintenance manual.
- We offer maintanance of greenery. We provide plants care, we carry out cleaning works and secure the greenery for the winter period by installing snow screens.